[McIDAS #TEU-219455]: topo map

Hi Kwan,

re:
> I downloaded AREA3050 straight from your email and displayed it using
> GEMPAK, and I saw the same stretched color problem.

OK.  I don't understand this.

re:
> I am sure that the
> GEMPAK I am running is fully functional, and so I am still thinking that
> the GINI to AREA imgremap process changes the color assignments or
> resolution in some way.

As I noted before, the resolution will definitely be changed by the
remapping process.  The range of pixel values should not be changed,
however.  I think that the fact that I can create the remapped image
and display both in McIDAS-X without seeing a measurable shift in
values supports my notion that the range of pixel values in the
remapped image is essentially the same as in the original.

re:
> Even a simple imgcopy caused this color problem
> (imgcopy.k  TEST/TOPO MYDATA/IMAGES.3051 SIZE=SAME) (see attachments).  I
> am running out of ideas and so I have to get back to you for more insights.

The big difference in our results seems to come down to the use of GEMPAK
for the display.  In order to investigate this more, I will need the GEMPAK
color table you are using so that I can try to replicate your results here.

Ticket ID: TEU-219455
Department: Support McIDAS