[ldmMcidas #OJB-462098]: Help! Things are not working

Hi Paul,

re:
> We just switched servers. We had them running in parallel and it seemed
> that everything was fine. This morning, we switched the ip addresses and
> everything stopped working (with mcidas)

On the new machine (climate.cod.edu?)???

re:
> I think it might be an ADDE issue but am not sure. I do not know what we
> did to make things fail.

What user is running the processes that are failing?  This is important
since the "pointing" to servers (via DATALOC) is done on a per-user
basis.

re:
> i have gotten weird stuff in the file /home/mcidas/logs/singlesite.log
> I know there is a missing ST file...but other than that, images are not
> generating. Can you log in and take a look?

I'm logged in right now...

It is hard for me to pinpoint what was/is going on since I don't fully
understand your setup.  I did, however, see one thing that was wrong:

- it looks like someone edited ~mcidas/data/ADDESITE.TXT and inserted
  a hash mark at the beginning of one of the lines in the file

  Presumably this was done thinking that it would comment out the entry.
  As far as I know, there is no comment character that is appropriate
  for ADDESITE.TXT.  Given this, I removed the line completely.

re:
> Also...i cannot run mcidasx and get the gui Is there some tcl/tk file that
> needs to be run?

No.

Please check things again to see if my editing change to ADDESITE.TXT has
made any difference and let me know the results.

Ticket ID: OJB-462098
Department: Support ldm-mcidas