[ldmMcidas #OJB-462098]: Help! Things are not working

Hi Gilbert, Paul, and Dave,

Gilbert wrote:
> They just switched the new machine to the IP address that the old
> climate.cod.edu had until today. I'm trying to remember why this would be
> a problem.

Yup, I am aware of what has transpired wrt switching from the old to
the new climate.cod.edu (and weather.cod.edu?).

re:
> Is it with the ADDE server being confused?

I don't think so.  After I sent my last note, I found that another
file that McIDAS uses was damaged:  ~mcidas/workdata/LWPATH.NAM.
This file is the backing store of McIDAS REDIRECTions, and REDIRECTions
are used by everything McIDAS since they define where pertinent files
are located.   I corrected the errors in LWPATH.NAM (edited the file
directly), and am continuing to poke around.

The question that comes to mind is why/how LWPATH.NAM and ADDESITE.TXT
got changed?  I have no McIDAS answer for this.

Investigations continue...

Ticket ID: OJB-462098
Department: Support ldm-mcidas