[McIDAS #MWQ-801749]: McIDAS-X 2009 and Solaris 11 Express

Hi Robert,

re:
> I have a workstation running latest McIDAS-X and Solaris 11 if you
> would like to ssh -X in and take a look.

Yes, I would like to poke around a bit.

re:
> Our bandwidth is not good so it might be slow..

Sometimes this can be a deal breaker when trying to run a GUI.

re:
> Let me know when you are ready and I will set up a temp password
> for the McIDAS account.

I SSHed in after seeing your second email.  After taking a quick look
at the McIDAS build log (~mcidas/mcidas2009/src/makelog), I decided to
"go for broke" and crank-up McIDAS with the MCGUI.  I did this as
follows:

<as 'mcidas'>

cd $MCDATA

mcidas -config

I set the number and size of frames to something greater than the default
and made sure that the startup saved values to the defaults file
(which is ~/.mcidasrc).  Even though things were very slow (as you noted
above), the MCGUI came up with no problems (i.e., no continuous resizing
of the MCGUI or mcimage windows.  I will now test things by displaying
imagery (both RTIMAGES and NEXRCOMP datasets) and point (via RTPTSRC)
data.

I will send a follow-up note with comments on anything that I find.

Thanks for the access!

Ticket ID: MWQ-801749