[McIDAS #TSY-435654]: IDV/ADDE Questions

Hi Adam,

re:
> I have just installed Mcidas-x 2008 and setup the ADDE server with the
> supplied scripts.
>
> Using Mcidas I seem to be able to access all the data.
>
> However using IDV.I don't see all the datasets.
>
> For example.  If I go to adde.ucar.edu I can access NEXRCOMP in IDV.  If I
> connect to my server.it's not even an option in the dataset list.  If I
> use mcidas itself.I can access it...
>
> I'm confused????

Several possibilities come to mind:

- you are accessing the datasets in McIDAS as LOCAL-DATA

  To test this, run the following:

  <as 'mcidas'>
  cd $MCDATA
  dataloc.k LIST

  If these all come back as LOCAL-DATA, then try pointing
  your McIDAS session at your ADDE remote server.  For
  instance:

  <as 'mcidas'>
  cd $MCDATA
  dataloc.k ADD NEXRCOMP fully_qualified_name_of_your_ADDE_server

  dsinfo.k IMAGE NEXRCOMP

  Does this work?

- your ADDE remote server is not setup/setup correctly

  Please send me the name of the machine hosting your
  ADDE remote server and I will run tests to it using
  my McIDAS installations at Unidata and at home.

- your firewall is preventing port 112 traffic from the
  machine running IDV

I am betting that the problem is somewhere in your ADDE
remote server setup.

Ticket ID: TSY-435654