[McIDAS #XND-362641]: Sure. Need help again. Why not? McIDAS 2008

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> Weather2.admin.niu.edu blew up, as you know. I restored from backup. I had
> a version of McIDAS-X 2008 on there (I think revision "a".) I decided to
> upgrade to "e". So I followed the directions on:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/2008/addendum_20090622.html
>
> And all went well until I hit "make mcx". Then it blew up.

Interesting and unexpected.

> Can you log into weather2 and see what, in my very tired state, I am
> missing? Thanks for all your help, as always.

I logged onto weather2 and verified that a simple "make mcx" did not
work as expected.  Suspecting some incompatibility in libraries that
arose because of restoring a backup (and from the errors listed when
trying to build), I decided to clobber the existing build (clobbering
in McIDAS is removing the already built stuff.  This is done with
"make clobber".) and build from source:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~/mcidas2008/src
make clobber
make mcx
make xcd
make install.all

After the clobber step, everything went smoothly.  Things should work
now.  If they don't please let me know.

Ticket ID: XND-362641