[McIDAS #NJT-701546]: DU AIX Power Compilation of McIDAS-X

Hi Jim,

re:
> Here is the makelog for our sandbox build of McIDAS.  Thanks for talking
> with me this afternoon.
>
> A little on the environment...
>
> McINST_ROOT = /home/weather
> McHOME = /home/weather

OK.

> Using -Vendor with uname = AIX
>
> Running AIX 5L, TL 5300-06-01 with XL-Fortran Enterprise v10.1 and XL
> C/C++ Enterprise v8.0
>
> Any thoughts on this one?

The script 'cal_init' (created from cal_init.sh by the make process) evidently
has a problem on your version of AIX:

./cal_init[519]: Using:  not found
./cal_init[520]: test: argument expected
./cal_init[546]: Using:  not found
./cal_init[546]: Using:  not found

'cal_init' creates the Fortran source file 'kbprep.for'.  Since there is
something
in 'cal_init' that is not palitable on AIX 5.3, all bets are off on
'kbprep.for'.

In order to investigate this further, please forward me 'cal_init' and
'kbprep.for'.
Hopefully I can determine what is wrong in and suggest/implement a fix.  If I
can't, is there any chance I could get a login to your system so I can see what
is
going on first hand?

Ticket ID: NJT-701546