[McIDAS #HZP-657281]: Moving McIDAS-XCD server

Hi Hsie,

re: update on McIDAS/ADDE on stratus
> Thank you very much for your help.  I go through all of your points
> here.  And make some changes to fit my need (mainly the data directory
> structure).

OK.

> The ADDE server is running now.  Please make sure that you
> can get  data from stratus.al.noaa.gov through ADDE.

I just verified that I can access the datasets RTIMAGES and RTNEXRAD from
stratus on
my workstation here at Unidata.  I will check to make sure that I can access all
datasets defined in the server mapping table on stratus.

re: MySQL status
> I already setup the MySQL database.  The daemon is running.

Excellent.

> stratus:[122]# svcs | grep mysql
> online         15:02:10 svc:/network/mysql:default
> stratus:[123]# ps -ef | grep mysql
> mysql  7782  7765   0 15:02:11 ?           0:01 /usr/sfw/sbin/mysqld
> --basedir=/usr/sfw --datadir=/var/mysql --pid-file=/var/my
> root 10873 27218   0 16:05:48 pts/19      0:00 grep mysql
> mysql  7765     1   0 15:02:10 ?           0:00 /bin/sh
> /usr/sfw/sbin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql --datadir=/var/mysql --pid-file=
>
> I run:
>
> % gribadmin makedb
>
> from the /home/mcidas/solaris/workdata directory as the user 'mcidas'
> How can I start to store the GRIB data?

gribadmin needed to be modified before running it.  At the very top of
the routine, I made the following change:

# Path to the MySQL executable
# mysql_path=/usr/local/mysql/bin
mysql_path=/usr/sfw/bin

-- i.e., modified the location where the 'mysql' executable is found

Please run 'gribadmin makedb' to retry making of the database.  I tried to
do this myself, but I don't know the password that is needed.

Ticket ID: HZP-657281