[Platforms #LDJ-461100]: Fedora Core 6 update

Hi Gilbert,

I just saw your post to ldm-users regarding LDM-6.4.7.0, so I thought
I would send the following along:

I upgraded my home machine to Fedora Core 6 (32-bit) on Tuesday.  So
far everything works without problem.

After the upgrade, I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get
McIDAS-X v2006 to build using gfortran.  I was forced to modify source
code in 12 routines before it would build.  The compilation errors I
was seeing was gfortran getting confused by Fortran source lines
that begin with tabs and lines that have function references within
parentheses.  Since both of these situations are _standard_ Fortran,
I was not impressed.  The coup de gras for me was the runtime errors
I got from GRDLIST format statements that are _definitely_ standard
Fortran.

So, the conclusion I sent you previously about using gfortran stands:

gfortran is NOT ready for primetime yet

Just thought you would be interested...