[Support #WTF-352403]: ADDE server for ERAU

Hi Chris,

I am in Baltimore at the AGU Spring Joint Assembly right now, so my reply
might be briefer than need be.

> We're just about ready to put our new servers into production mode and
> would like to have an ADDE service running.

Sounds good.

> It is likely to be running
> independent of the LDM data feed (i.e. on a different machine) and I was
> wondering if this is a job for the "openADDE" package that you mentioned
> a few weeks ago?

No, not really.

> Any help/guidance you could give Mike and I would be GREATLY appreciated!

I think that the easiest thing to do at the moment is to install McIDAS
on both the LDM ingest machine and on the machine you want to be the ADDE
server.  At some point down the road, we can replace the full McIDAS
installation
with OpenADDE to cut down on disk space use.  Since disk space is now
cheap, the 250 MB you save by going from McIDAS to OpenADDE should not
be that big of a deal.

Given the appropriate login access (need 'mcidas' and 'root'), I could do
the installation for you to speed things up.  Please let me know.

Ticket ID: WTF-352403
Department: Support McIDAS