[McIDAS #SDU-782063]: McIDAS - Restoring calibration after an IMGREMAP

Hi John,

>re:
> Inquiry: I need to remap some band 4 (IR) GOES data before producing a
>NetCDF output with IMGCOPY.  The problem is that IMGREMAP destroys the
>IR temperature calibration data leaving me with only brit values for the
>imgcopy.  Is there a way to restore the original calibration data as read
>from the GINI file after the remap?

Actually, the GINI data does not have a calibration block associated with
it.  The calibration is known apriori, and the server handles the mapping
from brightness to temperature.  What you can do is add a calibration
to the remapped image using the PRDUTIL utility.  This is a bit tricky
to use, so it would be helpful for you to provide me with the AREA
file output from IMGREMAP so I can give you detailed instructions on the
steps needed to calibrate the image.

Ticket ID: SDU-782063