[McIDAS #YXD-786071]: Installation trouble : Can't locate file for: -lcc_dynamic

Hi Gautam,

re:
> I was able to launch the configuration window, when logged on as
> 'mcidas' and it gave me the same error msg, which is probably due to
> Shared memory.

I think so, yes.

> I am rt now unable to reboot the cluster as some other
> users are running jobs. Once I reboot the cluster, hopefully it would
> work.

OK.

> Another thing that I noticed was that when another user tries to run
> 'mcidas -config'  (having all the required environment setting), the
> same configuration window pops up. On pressing STRAT, an error msg is
> displayed:
>
> Couldn't open "MCGUISTART.BAT" permission denied.
>
> I found that there are two MCGUISTART.BAT files in
> ~mcidas/data/
> ~mcidas/workdata/
>
> For both the files have, read-write-exe permissions are opened for
> group and others. Is there some other file 'MCGUISTART.BAT' which is
> being accessed ?

I think your problem is that the McIDAS environment variables that
are set for this user are incorrect.

> I have also created an temp account on our cluster,
> so you can see the problem directly.

I just logged on and confirmed that the McIDAS environment variables
for the user 'unidata' were incorrect.  The way things were setup, the
McIDAS startup procedure was trying to access/modify the copy of
MCGUISTART.BAT located in the ~mcidas/workdata directory.  This directory
is correctly to _not_ be writable by any user other than 'mcidas'.

> In the '.bash_profile' of 'unidata' I have entered the various
> required McIDAS environment variables.

The settings of the environment variables in ~unidata/.bash_profile
were not correct for a user that is _not_ 'mcidas'.  I modified the
content of .bash_profile to match the instructions in:

Configuring a New User Account
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/2005/users_guide/ConfiguringaNewUserAccount.html#22412

Outside of the need for a reboot to affect the shared memory change,
things seem to work correctly (from the little testing I did).

Ticket ID: YXD-786071