[McIDAS #SYU-862510]: McIDAS - gribdec not handling GDS 255 navigation correctly

Hi John,

re:
> I am trying to use gribdec to import locally analyzed mesonet data.
> I am creating the grib file in GEMPAK and leaving CYPFIL blank (GDS=255).
> Gdgrib properly reads the parameters, and imports the data, but the navigation
> is way off.  The grid is a 10km grid centered over Boston and after doing a
> GRDIMG
> the resulting AREA is showing up in the midwest!  It works as intended when I
> do the
> same commands on data from the CONDUIT feed.

It seems that there definitely is some work needed in the navigation section
of gribdec.  I will use the grib message you included to troubleshoot
the problem when I return from the AMS meeting the end of next week.

> The version of gribdec is fresh from Unidata.

OK, that is one of the questions I was going to ask :-)
> I am attaching my grib file and a jpg of the same grib converted to
> netCDF and displayed in IDV.

Very good.

Ticket ID: SYU-862510