[McIDAS #HFW-219253]: McIDAS: McGUI Data Plot Time Problem

Hi Mike,

re:
> Hope all is well.

Things are going nicely, thanks.  I am at the AMS conference in Atlanta
at the moment, hence the tardiness of this reply.

> We seem to have (finally) come up with a solution to the using McIDAS in
> a lab setting (thanks for your help!!)

Very good.  Apparently you installed a new distribution of McIDAS on
a modern Linux machine?

> I am running into a problem using MCGUI and the data plot time.
> Regardless of the ADDE server, the only time options available to select
> are "Latest" and 00Z through 07Z. I can plot data manually using the
> commands, but the only data that are available to be plotted in the list
> of data plot times via MCGUI are the latest data received and 0-7Z.

Is this for surface data, upper air data, or both?

> I'm assuming there is a configuration option somewhere to address this
> issue, but I can't seem to find it.

Not really.  The list of times should be generated by contacting the server.

> Suggestions?

The problem might be that the first server you contacted had an abbreviated
list of times available, and those values are now cached.  Please try the
following:

either:

exit MCGUI/McIDAS and restart

or:

- select the client routing table button on the menu (has the icon w/2 monitors)
- click on the type of data that is giving you the problem (e.g., POINT)
- select a different server (like adde.ucar.edu)
- select update
- try your plot again

> Thanks in advance.

Please let me know if this works for you.

I will be traveling back to Colorado later today, so I will be out of touch
until
tomorrow morning.

Ticket ID: HFW-219253