20020312: new gribdec.tar.Z bundle

>From: Dave Santek <address@hidden>

Dave,

>Can you explain how the your gribdec.tar.Z is related to -XCD?

Chad put together the original gribdec.tar.Z as a set of the XCD
routines and header files that were needed for folks to be able
to build the standalone grib decoder, gribdec.k, without having to
have -XCD installed.

>How does your gribdec.tar.Z differ from the old version we have?

Yes.  I have updated three XCD C routines; changed the grib.h and
gridparm.inc include files, and fixed problems in at least one of the
gbtbpds001.* tables and added another.

>And, what is meant by:
>
>"As part of my getting new stuff out, I will be updating the CVS repository
>at SSEC with my modifications.  Hopefully, they will make it into the
>May upgrade from SSEC."
>
>Is this the new nav module? Or, is there more?

The update will be the fixes to the gbtbpds001.* tables, the grid.h and
gridparm.inc include files, and the source code modifications in
btab.c, Mcgribdecoder.c, Mcmkmcgrid.c, and in gribdec.pgm that is bundled
with gribdec.tar.Z.

The new gribdec.tar.Z bundle I have put together has all of these fixes
and it uses the btab.c routine to create navigation blocks for grib
messages with nav type 255.

Tom

>From address@hidden Tue Mar 12 10:52:34 2002
>To: "Hoeth, Brian" <address@hidden>
>CC: "'Unidata Support'" <address@hidden>,
>   Dee Wade <address@hidden>, Dave Santek <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20020311: GRIB to netcdf (cont.)

Brian,

I am confused if you are talking about a separate piece of code or -XCD
changes.  Needless to say the deadline for new code to make it into the
upgrade has pasted so I cannot guarantee this will make it, especially
since we really have no idea what this is about. Dave will contact TomY
for more details.

Dee

--
Dee Wade
McIDAS User Services and SSEC Data Center

Web: http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mug         http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter