20020309: possible change to two-letter country codes

Mug, et. al.,

>This message is a request for feedback from users who utilize two-letter
>country codes in McIDAS commands and also from McIDAS-XCD sites. Those
>who are interested in this subject should continue and, if inclined,
>reply *** BEFORE MONDAY 18 MARCH *** to the two questions near the end
>of this message.

I agree with Greg S., Gary W., John B., and Jim N.:  McIDAS should move
to use of the ISO 3166 list:

http://www.din.de/gremien/nas/nabd/iso3166ma/codlstp1/index.html

The more standardized things are in McIDAS, the less foreign the
package will seem to new users.

If we have to take a hit by changing scripts, etc. that use the country
codes, it is better to do it sooner than later.