19990716: McIDAS-XCD options (cont.)

>From: "Earle A. Ripley" <address@hidden>

Earle-

>Thanks, Don.
>
>I think the syskey problem is solved. I am getting all the imagery again, as
>well as the DDPLUS stream.

Glad that's working.

>Now that I have installed McIdas 7.50 and McIdas-XCD for OS/2, how do I get
>the MD data going again?

It should be automatic.  If you don't see any MD data, check to make sure
you don't have any REDIRECTions pointing the programs to look for MD data
somewhere else.  Also, run DECINFO and make sure DMSFC is active
(as well as DMRAOB (for upper air data)).  If you are not interested in
the ship/buoy data, the FOUS14 (probably not), pirep/airep data or synoptic
data, you could set the appropriate data monitors to be inactive using DECINFO.
For surface and upper air data only, only DMSFC and DMRAOB need to be active.
To set the others inactive, type:

DECINFO monitor_name INACTIVE

replacing monitor_name with the appropriate data monitor:

DMSYN - synoptic reports and ship/buoy reports
DMMISC - FOUS14, MDR and PIREP decoders

If you have any questions on this, let me know.

Don Murray