[LDM #RCA-822786]: Failover doesn't occur when primary feed goes down

Gilbert,

Now that's a log file! :-)

I didn't see anything in the log file to indicate that the LDM on Weather2 was
ever requesting data-products of feedtype "NEXRAD3|WMO" (which is the same as
"IDS|DDPLUS|HRS|NNEXRAD") from "idd.unidata.ucar.edu". Can you find a "Starting
Up" message to that effect in the earlier log files? The command

    fgrep 'Starting Up' `ls -tr ldmd.log*` | fgrep WMO | fgrep
idd.unidata.ucar.edu | tail

should do it.

I did notice partially overlapping requests regarding the FNEXRAD feedtype. You
should vet the LDM configuration-file regarding that feedtype. Feeds should be
disjoint or identical: partial overlaps in the feedtype/pattern specification
can result in missed data-products.

If you'll send me Weather2's LDM configuration-file I'll be happy to take a
look at it.

Ticket ID: RCA-822786