[NOAAPORT #UFV-857333]: pqact.conf at mistral

Hi Yixin,

re:
> Thank you for your advice. We would like to have a try.

Very good.  I wish I could visit your campus to help troubleshoot this
problem as I think it will turn out to be interesting.

re:
> We noticed that NUC
> has just one ethernet port. Will a usb adaptor work for the second adaptor
> that connect S300N?

For testing purposes you will not need to relay the data off
of the NUC, so only 1 Ethernet interface will be needed, and it will
need to be configured for the subnet that your Novra S300N is connected
to.

To answer your question more fully, I can say that yes, a USB to Ethernet
adapter can be used for the second Ethernet interface.  One of our
NOAAPort ingesters, leno.unidata.ucar.edu, is, in fact, a NUC configured
this way, and it works very nicely (and fits in a small space, uses
very little power and gives off very little heat so cooling is not
needed).  We are using a DodoCool USB to 3xUSB and 1xGbps Ethernet
adapter.  A quick Google (tm) search shows that it is available with
2-day free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/dodocool-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Adapter/dp/B00HVWAJ9C

re:
> Thanks.

No worries.  Please keep us informed about what you find in your testing.

Ticket ID: UFV-857333
Department: Support NOAAPORT