[LDM #MIY-342905]: Questions about LDM 6

Charlie,

> WeÂdeeply appreciate your recommendations that help us a lot.
>
> CWB in Taiwan developedÂthe interface which was based on LDM-4 fifteen years
> ago. Instead of using LDM interface directly, most of our systems use our own
> interface. To upgrade LDM means not only building LDM 6 environment but
> upgrading all system related. It's aÂbig task toÂmodify so many systems, or
> toÂpersuade other departments to modify their systems.
>
> We plan to spend several years getting this job done.ÂDuring the transition
> stage, weÂhope to upgrade our interface without changing the wayÂweÂuse.
> That's why we would like to use LDM-6 interface complexly.
>
> We find that LDM-6 can notÂreceive files with the same content repeatly.
> Would you please tell us how to remove this restriction?

The product-queue module will not write a data-product into the product-queue
whose MD5 checksum is identical to that of a data-product that's already in the
product-queue. This is done to reject duplicate products and was a deliberate
design decision.

If you must work around this feature, then I suggest including a timestamp in
the data-product's data. This will make the MD5 checksums different for
data-products that are, otherwise, identical.

> PS: Attached file is part of our interface.
> Best Regards,
>
> Charlie Chang

Ticket ID: MIY-342905