20021206: ldmadmin dostats crontab errors: ls -x

Benjamin,

>Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:01:49 -0500
>From: "Benjamin Cotton" <address@hidden>
>To: "'Steve Emmerson'" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20021206: ldmadmin dostats crontab errors: ls -x

> We use FreeBSD, which likes to make things work almost but not quite the
> same.  The ls I'm using is the only ls on our system.

So, FreeBSD's ls(1) utility is non-standard, eh? That's good to know. Is
your FreeBSD up-to-date? If not, do you know if the latest FreeBSD has
the same non-conforming ls(1)?

> If I just removed the "-x" flags, would everything else work okay?

I think it might -- but I'm not a Perl expert.

Try replacing the "x" with a "1" (numeral one) in the file
bin/pqbinstats. There should be two places. Please let me know what you
discover. If it works, then I'll make that change to the source.

> Benjamin J. Cotton
> LDM/Forecast Game Administrator
> Department of Earth and Atmos. Sci.
> Purdue University
>
> 165 Cary Quadrangle                 campus: (765) 495-2298
> West Lafayette, IN  47906         cell: (502) 551-5403
> www.eas.purdue.edu/~bcotton   www.eas.purdue.edu/ldm
> www.eas.purdue.edu/forecast     www.eas.purdue.edu/wxp

Regards,