20021125: pqing and pqact not writing to ldmd.log

Jeff,

After considerable playing around and head scratching, I managed to
uncover the problem: unless the proper C macros are defined prior to
compiling anything, there's an incompatiblity between the default macro
definitions used for logging by the ulog(3) facility and those same
macros as defined by the system </usr/include/sys/syslog.h> header
file.  Certain C preprocessor macro must be defined in order for the
ulog(3) code to see the system definitions (and not use its own, default
definitions).  This is a problem with the package and not with you or
anything else.  I'll need to work on the package a bit in order to make
it easier to install.

I rebuilt the package using the following:

    $ make distclean
    $ LDMHOME=/iodprod/ldmprod CC=xlc CFLAGS=-q64 CPPFLAGS='-D_ALL_SOURCE
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED' ./configure --prefix=/iodprod/ldmprod/ldm-5.1.4
>configure.log 2>&1
    $ make >make.log 2>&1

The macro definitions in CPPFLAGS above are the key.

I was able to execute pqing and get it to log using the following:

    $ cd pqing
    $ ./pqing -q /dev/null WMO

so things appear to work OK.

You just need to complete the installation with the following:

    $ cd /iodprod/ldmprod/src
    $ make install >install.log 2>&1
    $ su
    $ make install_setuids
    $ exit

Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Regards,