Re: PIPE always errors

"Jason J. Levit" wrote:

> > Just curious, any luck?
>
>   Hi Anne,
>
>   Sorry for the delay, I had to re-arrange my office and my CPU
> was down for a while.
>
>   I was able to tar up the LDM distribution from a co-worker's
> computer that had a working de-compression going...I put it on
> my computer, changed the HOSTNAME, and bingo - it works.  I have
> no idea why cold-compiling LDM and the decoder never worked.
> He cold-compiled it on his machine, and the system worked.  Something
> must be up with the configuration on my machine, but I don't know
> what!  Weird.
>
>   Jason
>
> --
> Jason J. Levit, N9MLA                   Research Scientist,
> address@hidden             Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
> Room 1022                              University of Oklahoma
> 405/325-3503                           http://www.caps.ou.edu/

Hi Jason,

Very interesting.  Possible differences: the compiler, library versions,
kernel level, ... It's hard to speculate without knowing more details.
It would be interesting to see if there were any differences between
your config.log and that of the other computer.

Anyway, glad to hear it's working.  Thank you for letting me know the
outcome.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307