Re: PIPE always errors

"Jason J. Levit" wrote:

>   Hi Anne,
>
>   Yup, I gave those a try.  I ran the decoder from the command line,
> and it worked perfect.  I even had the decoder take a compressed
> file and save it in the directory that LDM is trying to write to,
> and there were zero problems.
>
>   The debugger within pqact didn't tell much more than I already
> knew, it just expanded on the error:
>
> Apr 12 18:59:46 storm pqact[22844]:                file:
> data/nexradII/KFDR/20020412185422.raw
> Apr 12 18:59:46 storm pqact[22844]:                pipe: nexradII_bz
> data/nexradII/uncompressed/KFDR/20020412185422.raw
> Apr 12 18:59:46 storm pqact[22844]: pbuf_flush (5) write: Broken pipe
> Apr 12 18:59:46 storm pqact[22844]: child 22881 exited with status 127
>
>   As you can see, the "file" command works.  "pipe" errors out,
> either with the decoder or "cat".  The "data/nexradII/uncompressed/KFDR/
> 20020412185422.raw" directory exists and was chmoded 777 all the
> way up from "data".
>
>   I'm stumped.  This doesn't make any sense, and works fine on
> other Linux installations.
>
>   Jason
>
> --
> Jason J. Levit, N9MLA                   Research Scientist,
> address@hidden             Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
> Room 1022                              University of Oklahoma
> 405/325-3503                           http://www.caps.ou.edu/

So, if it works from the command line, it's something in the
environment.  What is the value of $PATH?

Was that verbose logging or debug logging?

May I see your pqact.conf entry?  And, also please send me the command
as you executed it from the command line.

If all else fails, my next step would be to put some trace statements
that write to a file in nexradII_bz and see how far it's getting.  From
what I've seen we're unable to  determine if the executable is even
getting started or not, is that right?

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307