Re: going to try something new

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> Anne,
> Because I inherited a big mess with stuff everywhere, as long as we are
> getting data
> What we are going to is install ldm/gempak on another machine and use it as
> a server
> to build up from scratch.  Then once we have all the bugs worked out, turn
> around and install
> everything on fujita, making whatever changes we need to make.
> We want to start from scratch on fujita, rather than have stuff all over the
> place
> make it a neater package on our system.  You saw all the problems you had
> with it.
> So we figured if we can build one downstream and get it working properly, we
> will then tackle
> fujita.
> Thanks
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

One further thought:

If you like and if that new machine is accessible to me over the
network, I will install the LDM for you.  I don't usually offer this,
but in this case I think it would be worth the time to have it set up
properly.  It really doesn't take me all that long, especially if it's a
Solaris box, like fujita.  Let me know if you'd like me to do this.  I
could probably do it on Monday.

I can't help you with GEMPAK, however, being outside my area of
expertise.  (I should go to the workshop!)

And, an important prerequisite is to know the results of your quest to
see if the firewall was changed in any way.

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307