Re: FW: NNEXRAD and Lightning

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> Hi Anne,
> We have been trying to solve some problems and not bother you.
> If you read the notes below you will get gist of what is going on.
> We are getting notes in the logs here that Striker is denying us, but they
> aren't getting them there.
> Also apparently we had NNEXRAD set up wrong, I will work on that later,
> since
> we are still trying to get gempak up and fully running, it is running in
> bits and pieces.
> Hope you are having a good day.
> Thanks
> Jeff

Hi Jeff, David and Kevin,

I've addressed this to Jeff and David, not having Kevin Tyle's email
address.

I'm not sure what's going on with fujita.  nslookup on fujita of the two
albany machines looks fine, so name resolustion from fujita to albany
does not seem to be a problem.  However, while I can ping the two albany
machines from here (Boulder), pings from fujita to either albany machine
do not work.  I cannot do traceroute from fujita (or blizzard) as it is
disallowed.  So, it seems like there is a network problem from fujita to
albany, but I can't confirm this.

However, we really care about the connection from albany to fujita.
David or Kevin, would you please do the following.  On these addresses:

        fujita.afit.edu
        fujita.afit.af.edu
        blizzard.afit.edu

please do both a forward and reverse lookup.  (I use nslookup, but any
service will do.)  Then please do a ping, and also a traceroute on each
of these addresses.

Thank you,

Anne

                                  Boulder, CO  80307