Re: FW: NNEXRAD and Lightning

David Knight wrote:

> Hi Anne,
> nslookup fujita.afit.edu, fujita.afit.af.edu and 129.92.9.47 fail.
> (it is my understanding that fujita is 129.92.9.47 and we
> have an allow for both name and IP number)

> Looks like it *may* be a network problem. But, I'm guessing
> goldilocks is a firewall machine that is not letting pings into afit.
> I wonder it if could also be blocking port 388 traffic from striker?
>
> Hope this help, let us know if we can be of further help.
> David

Thanks, David!

Actually fujita's address is 129.92.9.62.  But, I can't do a lookup on
that address, so I suspect that even if you put it in your conf file, it
wouldn't work.

It also seems possible that fujita is presenting itself as
fujita.afit.af.mil, but I can't resolve that name either, so that won't
help.

It is indeed sounding like a firewall issue.  (Goldilocks is listed as
one of AFITs name servers.  I suppose it could also be a firewall...)
But, Jeff was receiving data yesterday, so something must have changed
recently.  Jeff, can you confirm with your sys admin that ports 388 on
goldilocks and fujita are open to traffic?  Can you find out if anything
changed recently?

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307