Re: log

Sitler Jeffrey L Civ AFIT/ENP wrote:

> Good Morning Anne,
> They are doing some testing of a new firewall here... more headaches I don't
> need, but I am still getting data in, but the log looks very similar to the
> log before we got port 388 open.  If you have the time today, could you
> gander at it, and see if you see anything funky going on.
> Thank you and Happy Holidays.
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Except for one thing, things look fine on fujita.  I don't see any
problems with the logs, what were you referring to?

The one problem I saw was that dcgrib was unable to write (see
ldmd.log). I asked Steve Chiswell, our gempak guru, about it.  He said
that with the old version of gempak, the old default values will limit
you on how many grids you can write.  The eta grid, the one that is
having trouble, now goes out to 60 hours, whereas at the time of the
gempak version that you are running, it only went out to 48 hours.  He
confirmed that this was the problem by running gdinfo.  Here's the
relevant portion:

 Number of grids in file:  1500

 Maximum number of grids in file:   1500

But, you can change the default values.  So, we made a change to your
pqact.conf.  The entry:

HRS     ^[YZ].[QRUT].*/mETA
        PIPE    /home/kramer3/users/ldm/decoders/dcgrib -d
data/gempak/logs/dcgrib.log
        -g /usr/local/nawips/gempak5.4/tables
        PACK /home/kramer3/users/ldm/data/gempak/hds/YYYYMMDDHH_eta@@@.gem

became

HRS     ^[YZ].[QRUT].*/mETA
        PIPE    /home/kramer3/users/ldm/decoders/dcgrib -d
data/gempak/logs/dcgrib.log
        -g /usr/local/nawips/gempak5.4/tables -m 5000
        PACK /home/kramer3/users/ldm/data/gempak/hds/YYYYMMDDHH_eta@@@.gem

The -m 5000 increases the number of grids in the file from the default
value of 1500 to 5000.

I would strongly encourage you to upgrade your gempak. We can help you
do that if you send email to address@hidden.  (It will most
likely get forwarded to Steve.)  In addition to providing defaults that
are appropriate for today's environment, an upgrade will also allow you
to get new products that weren't available before.

If you see anything else that looks like a problem let us know.  Also,
in general please email to address@hidden rather than directly
to me.  That way, someone can help you if I'm not available.  I'm moving
into a greater development role, so LDM support is migrating over to
other people.

Thanks!

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307