[IDV #QID-447190]: IDV Issues with new MAC OS

> Full Name: Michael Keables
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 6_2u2
> Operating System: OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
> Hardware: MacBook Pro
> Description of problem: Re: [IDV #QID-447190]: IDV Issues with new MAC OS
> (Map window freezes on launch).
>
> Has there been a fix provided for this issue? I checked the support archives
> but haven't seen a recent update.
>
> I tried to download the 6_2u3 nightly release  per the thread above but the
> file is corrupted.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best,
> Mike

Hi Mike,

I am working on the nightly release, there is a problem related to signing
certificate.

You can ignore my previous reply and you don't have to download and install the
nightly release. The newly finding of
this hang issue with the Mac OS is due to other application interfering, such
as Grammarly Desktop and Parallel Access.
If you launch the IDV and immediately try using any other app (in other words,
IDV’s splash screen no longer has focus),
IDV will start normally. Quitting the Grammarly application by going up to the
menu bar on top of the screen and
selecting “Quit” via the Grammarly icon’s menu will also allow IDV to work.

Yuan

Ticket ID: QID-447190
Department: Support IDV
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.