[IDV #DFG-297686]: Hanging Problem

> Full Name: Sufyan
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 6.2
> Operating System: Windows
> Hardware: Intell Processor Core i-7 Generation 11 RAM 8GB
> Description of problem: I have total 79 Grib files generated from Weather
> Research Forecasting Model. I merged it with CDO -merge input files output
> file and it hangs when I open few product for visualization on IDV 6.2. File
> size is around 12 GB that's why I can't Attach it.

Hi Sufyan,

The memory size of your computer might be the problem.

Assuming the individual file has no problem, and I wonder if there is any
problem with smaller number of grib files merging. Another
option is using the aggregating feature of the IDV, in this case you have more
option of subseting the data file and parameters.

Yuan

Ticket ID: DFG-297686
Department: Support IDV
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.