[IDV #PZO-289106]: IDV fails to start

> ?Hello,
>
> My name is Anamaria Navarrete and I am a current undergraduate student. For
> one of my classes this semester, my professor requires us to use IDV to
> complete our lab assignments. When I tried to open IDV today to complete an
> assignment, I received the following message in my terminal: "IDV failed to
> start.". It was working perfectly on Thursday but for some reason, it stopped
> working today. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the application, but it
> did not work. I have version 6.2u2. Please let me know how I can resolve this
> issue.
>
> Best,
> Anamaria

Hi Anamaria,

This hang issue with the Mac OS is due to the interfering of other application,
such as Grammarly Desktop (maybe others).
Quitting the Grammarly Desktop application by going up to the menu bar on top
of the screen and selecting “Quit” via the Grammarly
icon’s menu will also allow IDV to work.

Yuan

Ticket ID: PZO-289106
Department: Support IDV
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.