[IDV #YUM-428262]: Fail loading IDV Catalogs

> Full Name: Isabel Iglesias
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 6.2u1
> Operating System: Windows
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Dear IDV developers
>
> My name is Isabel and I am a researcher that also teach at the University of
> Porto, Portugal. Since some years ago I use IDV for my practical lessons, and
> I always used the IDV catalog to load the data (easier for the students).
> Unfortunately, this year I am not able to do that. When I try to load the
> Community IDV Catalog, NOAA Oceanography Data, Ocean Watch (for CHLa, wind,
> SST, Significant Wave Height and ADT), the next error appear:
>
> Could not load catalog:
> http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog/catalog.xml
>
> Maybe a server problem and not a IDV problem?

Yes, this is a server problem and you could contact the server side to request
the support.

> I also have problems when trying to load the ETOPO1 TopoBathymetry at:
> Community IDV Catalog, Topography/Bathymetry, Global, ETOPO1. The error now
> is:
>
> There was an error loading the data:
> java.lang.NullPointerException

This is outside server from a university and the server is down. There is
another side you can try:

https://pae-paha.pacioos.hawaii.edu/thredds/catalog.xml

Last time I checked this server is up and running normal.

Thanks,

Yuan

> I tried on several locations (from the university to home), just to see if it
> could be a problem of net permissions, but nothing seems to work. Can you
> give me any clue?
>
> Thank you for your support
>
> Kind regards

Ticket ID: YUM-428262