[IDV #EKW-753985]: Cannot load metar point data

Dean,

I tried to reproduce this problem, but cannot.

I am able to access the metar data without any problems.

You may have Internet connectivity problem at your local institution.

There are several ports you need open at your institution in order to run the
IDV so that it may connect to different data servers. In general, ports 112,
8080 and 80 are required.

This is especially true for the metar data accessed from ADDE. You must have
access to port 112.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Systems.html

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Dean Steinmetz
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /usr/local/IDV_5.2/jre version: 1.8.0_45
> j3d:1.6.0-pre9-daily-experimental daily
> Description of problem: Error connecting to: adde.ucar.edu
> Connection refused
>
> This has happened more than once.  Other adde servers won't load either.
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
> at
> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:345)
> at
> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
> at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
> at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:538)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:434)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:211)
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLConnection.connect(AddeURLConnection.java:644)
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLConnection.getInputStream(AddeURLConnection.java:819)
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddePointDataReader.<init>(AddePointDataReader.java:154)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddePointDataChooser.readTimes(AddePointDataChooser.java:496)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddePointDataChooser.handleUpdate(AddePointDataChooser.java:450)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.handleConnect(AddeChooser.java:582)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.handleConnectFromThread(AddeChooser.java:600)
> at
> at

Ticket ID: EKW-753985