[IDV #EKW-753985]: Cannot load metar point data

Dean,

Thank you for this information. So the ADDE plugin may be problematic.  It looks
like you found a workaround by either removing the ADDE plugin or starting with
fresh .unidata directory. This information will be helpful for us in the future.
Thanks again for the update.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Dear Unidata IDV Support,
> I successfully accessed the ADDE server at adde.ucar.edu ! The solution was
> removing the installed plugin "ADDE via port 80" .
>
> Previously to the above solution:
> I  added port 8080 to the services file, while ports 80 and 112 were open.
> However, I still received "connection refused"  from the server adde.ucar.edu
> .
>

> I always ran IDV on Linux with a user account, however I decided to run IDV
> asroot, and accessing adde.ucar.edu worked!  I then had search through my
> Linux
> system to find an answer to root's success.  A few days elapsed while solving
> this mystery, with no success.
>
> Finally the solution converged to differences between root's and user's
> .unidata directory.
> I realized that root's home directory had no IDV related files, that is no
> .undata directory
> prior to running IDV. So IDV was run for the first time in this instance with
> all defaults
> set and no plugins installed.
>
> Inspection of the regular user's list of installed IDV plugins showed "ADDE
> via port 80".
> I decided that this plugin could be the problem, because this plugin was not
> installed on
> root's IDV,  and another point, although obvious, was the name of the ADDE
> plugin itself.
>
> Sorry about the delay in replying.  This was the first chance in days I could
> write this.
> Sincerely,
> Dean Steinmetz

Ticket ID: EKW-753985