[IDV #BKH-196798]: Screencast topic: 3D map from flow vectors and altimetry (sea surface high).

Estefania,

Yes, this should be possible.

Once you have your data loaded, go to the Field Selector of the Dashboard.

Select the Flow Vectors derived field. For the display type, select 3D Surface >
Vectors Over Topography.

This action will bring forth a Field Selector Dialog. Select Formulas >
Miscellaneous > Any Field, and click OK.

This action will again bring forth a Field Selector. Select the SSH field, and
click OK.

These steps should result in your flow vectors draped over the SSH field.

Also you can view the SSH field as Color-Shaded Parameter as Topography.

Let us know if you run into problems.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hello, thank you for the information. Yes, I want to view the sea surface
> high data as topography and I thought it could be possible, considering
> that it has positive and negative values. Additionally, I have corrents
> info to overlay the ssh field...
> Thank you for your support.
> Estefania.

> >:
>
> > Estefania,
> >
> > We are a little bit confused about what you are trying to achieve.
> >
> > The IDV has the capability of viewing a field as topography. Is this what
> > you
> > are looking for?  (If yes, please read about this topic in the IDV
> > documentation.) Your data
> > (global-analysis-forecast-phys-001-002_1420558153422.nc), however, do not
> > contain any 3D fields or data in the Z dimension, as far as we could tell .
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Unidata IDV Support
> >
> > > Hi, my name is Estefania Isaza and I already checked the Unidata IDV
> > > Screencast 13: creating 3D Map. It was helpful and after creating the
> > maps
> > > based on catalog info, now I would like to create my own map based on a
> > > different source. I usually download the data from My Ocean's website:
> > > http://www.myocean.eu and I'm interested in creating a 3D map based on
> > > altimetry and flow vectors ( U - V velocities). The catalog's name is
> > > Global Ocean 1/12Â physics analysis and forecast updated daily. Is this
> > > possible? The data than I'm using are attached. Location: Colombian
> > > Caribbean, May 2013.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Estefania.
> > > --