[IDV #BKH-196798]: Screencast topic: 3D map from flow vectors and altimetry (sea surface high).

Estefania,

We are a little bit confused about what you are trying to achieve.

The IDV has the capability of viewing a field as topography. Is this what you
are looking for?  (If yes, please read about this topic in the IDV
documentation.) Your data
(global-analysis-forecast-phys-001-002_1420558153422.nc), however, do not
contain any 3D fields or data in the Z dimension, as far as we could tell.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi, my name is Estefania Isaza and I already checked the Unidata IDV
> Screencast 13: creating 3D Map. It was helpful and after creating the maps
> based on catalog info, now I would like to create my own map based on a
> different source. I usually download the data from My Ocean's website:
> http://www.myocean.eu and I'm interested in creating a 3D map based on
> altimetry and flow vectors ( U - V velocities). The catalog's name is
> Global Ocean 1/12Â physics analysis and forecast updated daily. Is this
> possible? The data than I'm using are attached. Location: Colombian
> Caribbean, May 2013.
>
> Thank you,
> Estefania.
> --