[IDV #BKH-196798]: Screencast topic: 3D map from flow vectors and altimetry (sea surface high).

Estefania,

At this point, I am a little confused as to what role the IDV has here. The IDV
is not a data conversion tool. For your Display Control, (Dashboard, Displays,
select the view of your choice), there is the possibility of going to the File
menu (in the Display tab, not the main menu) and going to Save, Export Displayed
Data to netCDF.

Also, in the Field Selector of the Dashboard, select Formulas, Export and there
you will find a couple of export options including export to Excel.

I am not sure what catalogs will have the data you are interested in.  The IDV
default catalog may have relevant data. I am unaware of AVISO.  From Google, I
see there is a catalog at

http://opendap.aviso.oceanobs.com/thredds/catalog.xml

You can enter this catalog in the Dashboard, Data Choosers tab. After entering
the catalog URL, be sure to click the refresh button at the bottom next to the
"Add Source" button.

If data access and conversion are your goals, you may also wish to get started
with Python.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support