[IDV #QHL-162055]: Automatic termination

> Full Name: Timothy Carr
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.9
> Operating System: XP Professional
> Hardware: AMD Athlon x64 bit Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, nVidia G-Force 8800 GTS
> graphics card.
> Description of problem:
>
> When I launch the IDV (2.9), it loads until the main display window
> opens, whereupon the hints file would normally open. Before the actual
> hints window opens, the IDV exits automatically, without a prompt,
> and without an error message that I can read.

Tim,
     There is a file you need to delete or rename before you launch the IDV, it
is main.xml under .unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/main.xml, it is likely this file is
corrupted somehow in the last time you run the IDV. Let me know if this doesn't
help.

Yuan

> I wish I had more information to give you, but the termination happens
> so quickly that any error messages are lost when the terminal window
> closes. I tried updating Java, but that did not help.  I seriously
> doubt that the IDV is taxing my system resources, as it runs high-end
> games fluidly.

Ticket ID: QHL-162055