[IDV #HJS-443829]: unable to run IDV following install

Hi Paul-

> I've installed Java 6 and also rebooted my machine just in case. I
> still get the same errors on start-up (see below), both if I try to
> start IDV from the IDV application launcher or using the runIDV
> script. It doesn't seem like the Java 6 installation can really get
> screwed up--it's all automatic once you click on the updater. After
> the update, I received a "Successfully installed" message.Â

It sounds like Java 5 is still the default version.  Did you set Java 6 to be
the default as described on the System Requirements page after the
installation?  Java 6 has to be first in the list.

> I've also tried the nightly build at
> <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/nightly/>.Â; When I
> click on the "IDV" link under "Webstart", my download window pops open
> and shows that idv.jnlp downloaded, but nothing else happens.

I'm not sure what's going on with webstart, but it could be a problem with the
Java install order.  Download the Mac installer from:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly

And try that.

Don

Ticket ID: HJS-443829