[IDV #HJS-443829]: unable to run IDV following install

Hi Paul-

> Full Name: Paul Markowski
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.8 (updated Jan 15, 2010)
> Operating System: MacOSX 10.5.8
> Hardware: MacBook Pro
> Description of problem: I just installed the latest version of IDV.  When I
> attempt to run IDV, I receive the following errors:

This version requires Java 6.  Please see the instructions for updating your
Mac at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/Systems.html#os

We have found that some Macs are having problems running the IDV from the IDV
application launcher (IDV.app).  If that's the case, then download the nightly
build which has a fix for the app or use the runIDV script in the install
directory.

In either case, you'll have to update to Java 6.

Don Murray
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:676)
> at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:280)
> at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
> at com.install4j.runtime.MacLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
> at
> at
> at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:115)
> at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)
> at
> apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)

Ticket ID: HJS-443829
Department: Support IDV