[IDV #OAY-172839]: Loading of ISCCP-DX files failed

Hi Bruno-

> Full Name: Bruno Duerr
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.17/jre version: 1.6.0_17
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi all
>
> I tried to load different files with IDV web start application -> Dashboard
> -> Data Choosers -> General -> Catalogs using catalog
> http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog/isccp-dx/catalog.xml. All attempts
> failed with the following error message:

There are two different issues here:

- the server is having trouble with the .gz extension
- the data format is not one that the IDV understands.

I'm going to transfer this over to the TDS group at Unidata for their
investigation on the server issue.  We do not have plans at this time to
support the ISCCP DX format in the IDV.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: OAY-172839
Department: Support THREDDS