[IDV #FAK-572697]: Strange lines on IDV display

> I've just downloaded the IDV and before I even choose a dataset, I noticed
> that there were these strange lines appearing on the display. Is this a bug,
> or am I doing something wrong.

Hi,
This is a symptom of a graphics driver error. You should try to update your
driver to the most recent release if it is available.

This problem has just shown up on a number of machines with our introduction of
a new higher resolution  world map file that contains a large number of
polygons.

If you cannot update your driver or if the update does not fix it you could
turn off the display of that particular map.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: FAK-572697