[IDV #XVC-330951]: Saving Movie Captures In IDV

Hi Michael,

> I have a question with regard to saving movie captures in the IDV.  I am
> currently helping Greg Fishel of WRAL Studios in Raleigh with converting an
> origional movie capture in .mov format from the IDV to .qt format (quicktime
> format) so he can display the movie capture in his graphics system.  However,
> when he goes to convert the file from .mov to .qt, we get an error in his
> converting program, QT Convert, which prompts a shut down of the program.
> The error is one of those general Windows error messages claiming "this
> program has encountered an unexpected error and needs to shut down".  We have
> not tried an alternative yet, but I wanted to ask you, if there is no
> solution to the above issue, would it be possible to give the file name the
> extension .qt upon saving the movie capture in the IDV?  The file would still
> be in .mov format, but will be saved with the .qt extension instead of the
> .mov extension.  Would it save correctly that way?  I wanted to mention,
> under one of
 the earlier IDV versions last year, we were successful in converting from .mov
to .qt in his converting program.  Could it be a bug in the new IDV release or
does it sound like something to do with his program?  We are able to watch the
movie capture in quicktime with no trouble.

I don't think we have changed anything in the movie capture. You could try just
changing the name of the file from .mov to .qt and see if that works. If that
doesn't work perhaps we could add something to the IDV movie player to also
write out a set of jpeg frames that you could create a movie out of.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: XVC-330951
Department: Support IDV