[IDV #OGW-900609]: Save images on a X86_64 (Xeon)

Hi Patrick-

The downloads section for the nightly build now has a Linux 64 bit
installer.  You can access that from

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly

You can change the amount of memory allocated to the IDV by
editing the runIDV script.  See more information here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/Faq.html#memory

Don Murray

> > OK this problem has been solved by installing the 32bits version of the
> > libXtst.
>
> Glad that worked.
>
> > Does that mean that by using my actual IDV, I was running a 32bit
> > application.
>
> Yes.  The default java that we send out in the Linux installer
> is the 32-bit version.
>
> > If yes, is there a benefit to use a 64bits IDV if available.
>
> You can allocate more memory than 2 Gb for the IDV if you have it.
>
> > How do I proceed ?
> > 1) Installation of java for EM64T
> > 2) Modification of IDV script to use the java 64bits
>
> If you can wait until next week, I'm going to add a 64 bit Linux
> installer to the suite.  Then you can just download the nightly
> build.  If you want to use version 2.5, let me know and I'll
> send instructions.
>
> Don

Ticket ID: OGW-900609
Department: Support IDV