[IDV #OGW-900609]: Save images on a X86_64 (Xeon)

Hi Patrick-

> >> When I want to capture an image on a x86_64 (Xeon) with IDV,
> >> I get an error displayed on the window where I have launched IDV.
> >>
> >> SunAwtRobot: error while loading shared libraries: libXtst.so.6: cannot
> >> open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >>
> >> /usr/lib64/libXtst.so.6 is available though
> >>

> > Do you have a /usr/lib/libXtst.so.6 as well?  If not, I'm guessing
> > that is what it is looking for if you are using the 32 bit Java that
> > ships with the IDV.
> >
> OK this problem has been solved by installing the 32bits version of the
> libXtst.

Glad that worked.

> Does that mean that by using my actual IDV, I was running a 32bit
> application.

Yes.  The default java that we send out in the Linux installer
is the 32-bit version.

> If yes, is there a benefit to use a 64bits IDV if available.

You can allocate more memory than 2 Gb for the IDV if you have it.

> How do I proceed ?
> 1) Installation of java for EM64T
> 2) Modification of IDV script to use the java 64bits

If you can wait until next week, I'm going to add a 64 bit Linux
installer to the suite.  Then you can just download the nightly
build.  If you want to use version 2.5, let me know and I'll
send instructions.

Don

Ticket ID: OGW-900609
Department: Support IDV