[IDV #CUI-983043]: IDV problem?

> Hi,Jeff
> The previous email i made a mistaken, the j3d-132-linux-x86.zip i have
> extract to [/usr/local/java/jdk1.5/jre/lib], is not [/usr/java/jre1.6.0_03/].
> Unfortunately,IDV is still not work? It prompt the same error
> information(Could not create a graphics configuration.  Please contract
> Unidata user support or see the FAQ.)
> Using X virtual frame run IDV is the same error.
> What other software do i need to install?
> Thanks!

I too made a mistake in my previous email. The link I should have sent was:
 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg01015.html

Its not the Java3d that is causing you a problem. It is that the machine you
run the IDV on has to have a windowing system running (e.g., X windows, MS
windows). If you are just planning on generating image products using the IDV
scripting language (ISL) you can use the XVFB program to provide a virtual X
windows environment.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: CUI-983043
Department: Support IDV