[IDV #CUI-983043]: IDV problem?

> I'm work in Geoge Mason University,I'm a new unidata user.I downloaded
> IDV from website(IDV 2.4 Installer for Linux/x86 with Java 3D 1.5.1)and
> installed to my server,but it can not work. When i double click IDV
> problem,pop-up a error window,the error message is following:
>
> Could not create a graphics configuration.  Please contract Unidata user
> support or see the FAQ.
>
> What's the possible problem?

The IDV is normally used interactively and requires a graphics environment
(e.g., X windows, MS Windows)

You can run the DIV in scripting mode on a server but it still needs a graphics
environment. You can use the X virtual frame buffer (xvfb):
http://harpo:8080/repository/test_it_xxx/entry/get/hycom.xidv?id=1206989674933_0.12355964483054127_8

-Jeff

Ticket ID: CUI-983043
Department: Support IDV