[IDV #BQM-327041]: One Issue With IDV And One Question

Hi Jacob-

> Hey; I just wanted to confirm that the NAM 12KM model from the Georesources
> server is now working properly again.  The levels are all there now.  Thanks
> for repairing that and thanks for your time.

Sorry for the delay in responding on this, but the solution took
a little while to implement.  The 12km NAM data had been switched
to use some other grids from the CONDUIT feed that were thought
to contain the same data, but as you found out, they didn't.

Thanks for confirming that things are working again.  Don't
hesitate to let us know if problems arise again.

Don

> ---- Unidata IDV Support <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi Jacob-
> >
> > > I have recently encountered an issue within the IDV program concerning
> > > the NAM 12KM model from the GeoResources server in the catalog.
> > > I previously created a bundle which contains flow vectors from the NAM
> > > 12KM model from the GeoResources server.  However, when I recently opened
> > > the bundle, the flow vectors did not show up and when I looked at the
> > > atmospheric levels available on the display, I found why.  The individual
> > > atmospheric levels were not the same and had changed from either Pa or
> > > hPa to something different and only included a select few levels as
> > > opposed to before.  When I created the bundle, I assigned the different
> > > levels of flow vectors based upon the available levels, but these
> > > available levels have since changed and many of the levels are no longer
> > > available thereby my bundle is no longer effective.  I then tried to get
> > > the data from the Thredds serve, which worked, but the NAM 12KM model
> > > runs from the Thredds server do not appear to be as stable as those from
> > > the GeoResources server.
> > > Is there another, more stable catalog or source for where I can retrieve
> > > the NAM model at 12KM which contains all the levels?
> >
> > There have been some issues with the 12km NAM dataset, but unfortunately,
> > the people who know about the problem are out this week.  Would you
> > send me your bundle so I can look at it more closely?
> >
> > > Also, I have one other question.  Are there other models that can be
> > > viewed within the IDV other than the GFS, NAM, and RUC models?  I am
> > > specifically interested in ensemble models such as the SREF and the GEFS.
> > >  Are there any catalogs that contain ensemble models and if so, how can I
> > > retrieve them?  I recently was able to download a .mean file from the
> > > NCEP public ftp server for the SREF model.  The file contained many
> > > individual products for the SREF, but they recently stopped distributing
> > > the .mean file from the NCEP server.
> >
> > At present, we don't really support the ensemble products.  There
> > are no catalogs that I'm aware of for this data at present.
> >
> > Don Murray
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: BQM-327041
> > Department: Support IDV