[IDV #MGT-294147]: plotting a vertical profile on a skew-t diagram

Hi Alan,

> I'd like to compare an NWP model temperature profile with an observed RAOB
> sounding
> on a skew-t diagram.
> I can create a vertical profile in IDV, but it's not a skew-T.
> I already have the observed skew-T (and could presumably read a sounding text
> data file
> and create one in IDV).
>
> BUT, can I somehow plot that NWP vertical profile on a skew-t diagram,
> so it's easy to compare the two?
Unfortunately the IDV does not have the capability to plot more than one
sounding at a time in the skew-t. A rewrite of the skew-t including this
capability is on our todo list.

> Also, the vertical profile has units of meters, while the data has pressure
> levels.
> Is there some way to change the vertical axis units to millibars? I didn't
> see anything.

-Jeff

Don is out this week but he'll chime in on this next week.

Ticket ID: MGT-294147
Department: Support IDV