[Support #YRR-987022]: Fwd: issue displaying 3D fields overlayed on terrain

Randy-

> Thanks for the help. This is what I was afraid of. We probably need to
> look at an alternative tool. Do you know of any other visualization
> tools out there that are C based for example. Perhaps something built on
> openGL.

The only similar program that will provide 3D views that I can think
of is Vis5D, but you'll have to process the data into Vis5D format.
Here's a link with some information:

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/graphics/WRF-post-processing.htm

But, still, visualizing gigapixel grids created on multi-core machine
will be problematic without some resampling.

Don

Ticket ID: YRR-987022
Department: Support IDV